Hello! My name is Dalton Craven. It’s hard to introduce myself over the internet, but here’s a little bit about me:
I’m a senior at the University of South Carolina. I’m pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a major in computer science and a minor in psychology (weird, right?). I’m also a McNair Scholar as part of UofSC’s most prestigious scholarship program, the University Top Scholars.
I have had multiple study- and work-abroad experiences while at university. I studied for both semesters of 2021 at the American University of Paris, weathering lockdowns & strikes while gaining valuable life experience. While at AUP, I completed coursework in both computer science & psychology, as well as in French language and culture.
In the summer of 2021, in between my two semesters of study abroad, I completed my fifth internship at Qantev, working primarily as a front-end developer on a React-based application. I also learned Python and Pandas to single-handedly work on the "full stack" of a new feature.
I also do freelance web development! I work primarily with small businesses (although I’m open to other opportunities), with an emphasis on providing resources and training to ensure long-term functionality.
- Languages (spoken): English, French, American Sign Language (ASL), Arabic
- Tools: Next, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Gatsby, cPanel, WHM, Flask, Django, Linux, DigitalOcean, AWS, Netlify, WordPress
- The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, Google — Certified April 2020
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Master 2016 — Certified fall 2018
- MOS Word 2016 Expert, MOS Excel 2016 Expert — Certified fall 2018